As a builder you are increasingly presented with new build projects that specify a heat pump due to strict Part L energy efficiency requirements.
The scope of a renovation project will dictate the most appropriate heat pump solution. Complete renovations can almost be treated as a new build project and a ground source or air source heat pump solution may be equally suitable. Small extensions and minor renovations may be better served with a lower cost air source heat pump solution.
If you are building a domestic dwelling for a client they may qualify for the domestic RHI tariff payment.
Source Energy have worked with many builders providing ground source heat pump and air source heat pump solutions to off-gas developments for over 10 years. We won Heat Pump Installer of the Year at the National Heat Pump Awards in recognition of our quality and experience.
- Due to our significant experience in installing ground source and air source heat pumps, practical issues such as the physical size and location of equipment, pipe ducts can be planned early into the design which can be simply delivered during construction. You can find examples of ground source and air source heat pump installations in our project gallery.
- Source Energy will produce detailed room by room energy calculations in line with MCS standards. This will ensure peak energy demands are satisfied by the heat pump and that the underfloor heating or radiator system is designed to maximise the operating efficiencies of the heat pump. We can provide this as a single package or work with you and your trades as required.
- Your dedicated project coordinator will arrange a technical site survey with one of our experienced engineers, with you and/or your site manager and other trades. This will ensure clear understanding of installation requirements, and scope of works by all parties, so projects are delivered efficiently and to budget.
- Our Mitsubishi Living Environmental Systems Partner accreditation provides an exclusive 5 year manufacturer warranty at no extra cost to you. Our Thermia equipment includes a 3 year manufacturer warranty. Source Energy also provide a 1 year workmanship warranty as standard.
- Installing a heat pump enables you to meet these goals and provide additional marketing advantages associated with low carbon and lower energy costs.
Key areas of a ground source heat pump solution
- We will help you assess the suitability of whether horizontal loops or boreholes are more appropriate for the project.
- Multiple ground loops are consolidated into a external manifold chamber.
- Insulated flow and return pipe work is installed between manifold chamber and plant room.
- Location of internal equipment, power and water supplies.
Key areas of an air source heat pump solution
- The location of the Mitsubishi or Danfoss air handling unit will be assessed, ensuring compliance with permitted development rights and MCS 020 standards in relation to potential noise levels at property boundaries.
- A Mitsubishi solution will typically comprise of a packaged 200l hot water cylinder, which includes all the system controls. Where larger hot water volumes are required, we provide a Mitsubishi Hydrobox controller and third party hot water cylinder.
- A Danfoss solution will comprise of a packaged hot water cylinder which will include all the system controls. A heating circuit buffer tank is also installed to prevent short cycling and prevent conflict between heat pump and underfloor heating controls.
Please call us on 0800 865 4328 to discuss your project or request a quote.