Heat pumps for developers
Source Energy understand the challenge as a developer to meet strict Part L energy efficiency requirements and still ensure your project meets your profitability target. Installing a heat pump enables you to meet these goals and provide additional marketing advantages associated with low carbon and lower energy costs.
We have worked with many niche developers providing ground source heat pump and air source heat pump solutions to off-gas developments for over 10 years. These projects are typically for higher specification properties where potential homeowners are seeking innovative designs. Source Energy won Heat Pump Installer of the Year at the National Heat Pump Awards in recognition of our quality and experience.
- You will benefit greatly by engaging Source Energy at an early stage. We will help you assess the suitability of a ground source heat pump and whether horizontal loops or boreholes are more appropriate for the project. Where the site suits an air source heat pump solution, the primary concern will be over noise and location of equipment. Source Energy provide advice in minimising these issues. The location of the air handling unit will be assessed, ensuring compliance with permitted development rights and MCS 020 standards in relation to potential noise levels at property boundaries.
- Due to our significant experience in installing ground source and air source heat pumps, practical issues such as the physical size and location of equipment, pipe ducts can be planned early into the design that can be simply delivered during construction. See examples of ground source and air source heat pump installations in our project gallery.
- Source Energy will produce detailed room by room energy calculations in line with MCS standards. This will ensure peak energy demands are satisfied by the heat pump and that the distribution system is designed to maximise the operating efficiencies of the heat pump. Source Energy can provide this as a single package as heat pumps and underfloor heating complement each other, or design advice to your existing trades.
- Your dedicated project coordinator will arrange a technical site survey with one of our experienced engineers and your site manager and other trades. This will ensure clear understanding of installation requirements, and scope of works by all parties, so projects are delivered efficiently and to budget.
- Our Mitsubishi Living Environmental Systems Partner accreditation provides an exclusive 5 year manufacturer warranty at no extra cost to you. Our Danfoss equipment includes as 3 year manufacturer warranty. Source Energy also provide a 1 year workmanship warranty as standard.
Call us on 0800 865 4328 to discuss your project or request a quote.